>

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Beautiful Oregon

This was such a long awaited trip for us! And let me tell you it did not disappoint! Oregon is hands down one of the most beautiful places we have ever been! Cardon loved it there! He slept better in Oregon then he does at home. He especially loved Grandma and Grandpas guest room! Thank you Mom and Dad, Sarah, David and kids, and Joan for making it such a fun and memorable trip for us! We can't wait for the next one!
We were glad to get out of the oven that is Arizona!
We've never seen a forest like this before!
Cardon loved playing in the water
Hitchin' a ride from dad

Me, Sarah, and Emma enjoying the ocean view!
This pic looks like we were photoshopped in! The beach is so beautiful at sunset!

4th of July parade in Port Orford! There was tons of candy to go around. Cardon especially loved the suckers.
This place was sooo cool. We sat and watched these para-sailers for a long time!
We couldn't help but go back to the beach again and again
Beautiful Bandon Beach

Cape Blanco lighthouse
Cardy enjoying the weather in Portland
We took a trip to the Tillamook cheese factory, free samples are the best!

Before the trip we celebrated Cardon's first birthday! I can't believe he's already 1! It really is crazy how fast that year went! Cardon has been the sweetest little boy we could have asked for. I feel so blessed everyday to be his mother. Those 18 hours of bringing him into this world and the crazy first days afterward were 100% worth it! I love this little man with all of my heart!
He didn't quite know what to do with the cupcake at first

You can't tell from this pic but this was a sad day for us! My sis Wendy gave us this fish a few months before Cardon was born and he had been in his room ever since. He was there when we brought Cardon home from the hospital and served as his night light for the last year! On Sunday he sadly died and i'm not going to lie I cried! I know it is just a fish but he really was a sweet little thing and Cardon always loved to watch him eat. I will miss him but maybe we can find another one to fill the tank. Rest in peace Melvin!

7 comments:

Jenna said...

What a fun trip! I love all the pictures. All the green makes me jealous! You are such a cute family and Cardon is adorable. So glad he had a good first birthday! I am sorry about the fish. I know what you mean when you say you made a connection with the fish and having him since Cardon was born. It's sentimental.

GlemserFamily said...

What great pictures!! I'm so glad that you got to go up to Oregon! It makes me wish that I could take the family up there too. We miss everyone so badly!!

Cardon is super cute--I can't believe he's one already. I'm sorry that Melvin died, but reading about him dying made me laugh! :)

MISS YOU!

kelsey said...

Ok amy im glad im not the only one who laughed! I am sorry though julie it is sad! Cardie is the sweetest!

The Thatchers said...

So sad about Melvin. Oregon looks so beautiful! Im so glad you guys had fun!

Amy said...

I'm so jealous you guys got to go to Oregon!! It looks like you had so much fun! It's by far one of the prettiest places on earth. It's strange to see how sunny all of your pictures are. My memories of Oregon generally involve clouds. (I loved it!)
Love you guys!

P.S. We're thinking of you Melvin!:)

Shelbey said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that laughed when Melvin died! ...I love you JulieBean :)

Those pictures of Oregon were absolutely beautiful. Family vacations always end too quickly!

Wendy Velasquez said...

So you all look so happy and so darn cute in all the pictures. Cardon has such beautiful eyes and such kissable cheeks. Give him a kiss from all of us please. It is sad to hear about Melvin. I was surprised he had made it that long! There are of course more Melvin's to be found cheaply at your neighborhood Walmart :0) Cardon will never know. Love you all!